The Antelope Valley College women's volleyball team participated in a quadrangular match at Pasadena City on Friday evening.
The Marauders drew an undefeated Mt. San Jacinto for the first half of competition. AVC was defeated in four sets: 21-25, 25-21, 19-25, 17-25.
"Mount San Jacinto is a very strong team. They left the quad undefeated," stated Head Coach Mark Cruz. "Our girls made multiple errors during crucial times in the match. Thank goodness that it is still early in the season that we can make some adjustments for our next meeting. We get to play them again on Monday, Sep. 24 during the rescheduled match."
- Taylor Mobley - 4 aces, 15 kills, 11 digs
- Estrella Bradford - 4 aces, 8 kills, 24 assists, 6 digs
- Bailey Whiteford - 19 assists, 10 digs
- Elizabeth Perez - 15 digs
- Abbie Adams - 16 kills, 11 digs
Antelope Valley faced Pasadena City in their second match of play for the day. The Marauders left the court victorious after battling through five tough sets: 28-26, 25-22, 24-26, 16-25, 20-18.
"We survived a close one today," stated Cruz. "PCC played very well andpushed us to our limit. It was definitely a learning experience for us today and we are hoping to capitalize on our lessons and get stronger for our next match."
- Estrella Bradford - 3 aces, 27 assists, 16 digs
- Abbie Adams - 20 kills, 15 digs
- Breeanna Wright - 7 kills, 5 blocks
- Brittnee Wright - 6 kills, 3 blocks
- Taylor Williams - 6 kills, 21 assists, 12 digs
- Bailey Whiteford - 5 assists
- Elizabeth Perez - 26 digs,
- Taylor Mobley - 12 kills, 25 digs
AVC moves to a 3-2 overall record following Friday's play. The Marauders will compete in their home opener on Wednesday, Sept. 19, against College of the Desert.